Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Second Advent message, "Newtown", Dec 12, 2014

In Newtown Connecticut two years ago love was taken away when twenty-six children were suddenly, unexpectedly, viciously killed. Like an icy road this tragedy left a community without building blocks and kids.

Like the Psalmist who wrote "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" (Ps. 22:1) we don't know where to turn. When we tell God that we have inconsolable grief and are helpless to handle it we find he is at work. This kid would have grown up to make their families song, to contribute to society as educated men and women, to serve and help, to invent and build, to be leaders. When I look up "tragedy" on my cell phone, I know that Newtown is not alone. And God's desire is to love us!

No comments:

Post a Comment