Sunday, November 2, 2014

Is it enough to lose one’s job for faith in Jesus? “If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Yet by laying aside all that comes from ourself we are promised grace. Being an aggressive male is fine if you are in a pre-historic gang that bops each other over the head for fun, but there is one who speaks out of a gentle spirit. It is incredible the lives our forbearers have lived. The church has authority, and it is one that my soul is tormented for not listening to. I will talk of nothing but Him who saved me, I will submit to the church, the mother of grace, I will pray to God three times a day. "Kids, you do whatever your mother tells you." Yet my neighbors turn the other way. My thoughts are racing. In the quarter dollars I use for my morning coffee are the letters P, D, and S. May my soul likewise be marked as righteous, bought, no longer a sinner. "The righteous shall live by faith" (Habakkuk 2:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment