Monday, November 3, 2014

Victory

When I was a kid life was a series of safe and not-so-safe places. Probably my safest of safe places was in the library or at school working on some interesting math problem or some such, deep in thought. But going to houses in the neighborhood, being at a birthday party or seeing a newborn surrounded by admirers, these were safe places too. Which is why the verse “the wicked surround the righteous” (Habakkuk 1:4) was not just for later adult life, having a bad boss, facing a judgmental persecution that does not recognize forgiveness, being distracted by little annoyances. Insane as it may sound, those who speak the name of Jesus, the Bible tells us, will enjoy the fruit of the land, the bright and new shining day, the house not made with hands. Oh happy day! They will see Jesus descend in a cloud leading a host victorious, and what a sight that will be! I have done some things I regret in life, I know. Yet on that day I will be seen as the son of God the Father, and welcomed into the company of the saints. We believers live in that peace today. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment